Tungsten Oxide Nanowires A20 (20nm×10µm)
Catalog Number: NovaWire-WO-20
Appearance: dry powder (can be easily dispersed in water)
Novarials is offering this tungsten oxide nanowire product at kilogram scale to industry users. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
In addition to the above tungsten oxide nanowire product, Novarials can also synthesize tungsten oxide nanosheets or nanoplates. Please contact us for a custom synthesis.
Tungsten oxide nanowires are one-dimensional nanomaterials with nanoscale wires or filamentous structures primarily composed of tungsten and oxygen atoms. They exhibit excellent electrical conductivity, semiconducting behavior, and unique optical properties. These characteristics make them widely applicable in various fields, including sensing, electronics, optoelectronics, energy storage, and more.
- Gas Sensors: Due to their high surface-to-volume ratio, tungsten oxide nanowires are highly sensitive to gas adsorption and desorption, leading to changes in electrical or optical properties. They are widely used in gas sensors for the detection of various gases such as hydrogen (H2), ammonia (NH3), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), carbon monoxide (CO), and volatile organic compounds. They can be incorporated into environmental monitoring systems to detect and quantify pollutants in the atmosphere. These qualities make them valuable in environmental monitoring, industrial safety, and medical diagnostics.
- Nanoelectronics: Due to their semiconducting properties, tungsten oxide nanowires can be integrated into electronic devices and used in the development of nanoscale electronic components and sensors. They are employed as the channel materials for field-effect transistors (FETs), which are fundamental building blocks of electronic circuits.
- Optical Filters and Coatings: The unique optical properties of tungsten oxide nanowires make them of significant value in imaging, remote sensing, and optical communication. They are used in optical filters and optical modulator devices in the infrared and near-infrared regions.
- Electrochromic Devices: Tungsten oxide nanowires can change their optical properties (such as color or transparency) in response to an applied voltage, which makes them suitable for energy-efficient windows and displays that can regulate the amount of incoming light and heat. They are used in near infrared (NIR) shielding windows, electrochromic smart windows and displays.
- Thermoelectric Devices: Tungsten oxide nanowires have high Seebeck coefficient, low thermal conductivity, and high-temperature stability, making them promising materials for thermoelectric devices that convert heat into electricity. They can be incorporated into thermoelectric modules for waste heat recovery, powering remote sensors, and other scenarios where temperature differentials exist.
- Energy Storage: Due to their high surface area and electronic conductivity, tungsten oxide nanowires have been explored for use in energy storage devices such as lithium-ion batteries and supercapacitors to improve the performance and capacity of these devices.
- Catalysis and Photocatalysis: Tungsten oxide nanowires possess a high surface area, redox activity, and thermal stability, which makes them effective catalysts for various chemical reactions, including photocatalysis, electrocatalysis, and heterogeneous catalysis. They are used for reactions like carbon dioxide (CO2) fixation reactions, water splitting for hydrogen production, organic pollutant degradation, water purification, air purification, and the conversion of biomass into biofuels.
In addition, tungsten oxide nanowires are also applied in the following fields:
- Gaschromic devices
- Photochromic devices
- Dye sensitized solar cells
- High Tc Superconductivity
- Humidity sensor
- transparent conductive films
- Drug Delivery Systems
- Fireproof fiber
- Additive for anti-fouling paint and coating
Tungsten oxide nanowires, tungsten oxide nanofibers, tungsten oxide, tungsten trioxide nanowires, tungsten trioxide nanofibers, tungsten trioxide, tungstic anhydride nanowires, tungstic anhydride nanofibers, tungstic anhydride, WO3 nanowires, WO3 nanofibers, WO3, tungsten oxide nanowire, tungsten oxide nanofiber, tungsten trioxide nanowire, tungsten trioxide nanofiber, tungstic anhydride nanowire, tungstic anhydride nanofiber, WO3 nanowire, WO3 nanofiber